Alright, a few posts ago I made a huge rant about DVDs in cars indicating that my children already watch way too much television - and, in no uncertain terms would I be encouraging more television.
This story might just explain my rationale.
An important fact to understand is that Kate's real name is actually Kathleen. Kate is very much aware of her 'real' name. It is emphasized in our daily lives as our neighbour's name is Kathleen and one of their daughters is a Kate (as is one of the daughters in the next house over and a grand-kiddo in the house after that ... really the only Kate(s) I know).
Husband bought the movie 'Barbie in the Twelve Dancing Princesses'. Well, in order to help remember all twelve of the girls' names, the writers picked names in an alphabetical order. Wouldn't you know - K is for Kathleen, the second youngest daughter.
When Jim picked the kiddos up from daycare yesterday, Kathleen's teachers informed us that Kate was now 'Kathleen' and she had been steadily, but politely correcting the three teachers all day. One teacher looked at me, and made reference to a movie. [We had a similar problem a few months ago when Kate couldn't stop talking about this little 'alien' guy - aka E.T.] I can only smile, and say it was the television.
Poor Andrew is completely baffled by the switch. He can't pronounce 'Kathleen' very well which only frustrates Kathleen more than him actually calling her Kate.
Welcome Kathleen - let us see if I can keep it straight.
1 comment:
Such an assertive little princess. I love it!
Post a Comment