April 9, 2010

Easter Weekend

I remember really cold Easter weekends. I remember when we couldn't contemplate an egg hunt outdoors, between the chill in the air combined with the muck of spring. This year wasn't quite like that - the weather was tremendous. It is easy to forget that it can, and will, get very cold again.

We made our first trip of the season to the the Ratray Marshes. It was Jim's first trip - I think the few times I went last summer, he happened to be golfing. I probably shouldn't advertise my own little paradise down on the lake, but I love the walk along the Ratray Marsh pathways. I have this idea we will return a few times over the next several times to watch the forest come alive.

We, of course, also celebrated Easter. We once again made our way to my aunt and uncle's house where we celebrated Easter with a few of my cousins (thus, the kidlets' second cousins). I am always a bit amazed that I am invited to relatives' homes as my crowd always overwhelms the kids (in combination many times) that actually belong to that family. I will admit, the children were staggeringly well behaved. It does only but get easier.

I love spring. I love being outdoors in the bright spring sunshine. And, I will admit I love tired children (the weekend campsite in the basement).

No comments: