So many little things to share:
I had a follow-up appointment with the ENT practice. The vestibular schwannoma in my left ear (aka benign brain tumor) has more than likely shrunk a very tiny bit, or at least, no evidence it actually grew. No MRI scheduled for another 18 months. My hearing continues to deteriorate, but accept the change, especially if I don't need any aggressive treatment.
We bought Declan a sleeping bag today. Yippee! The older trio slept in the basement again last night, and Declan needed his own bag. We traveled down to Mountain Equipment Co-op to pick up the bag, but also, and more importantly to do more research on tents. I think I have my tent situation figured out - 2 4-man MEC Wanderers, light-weight, enough size, small, and ultimately available for a canoe trip.
Most exciting, I pulled the trigger. We are going car camping. I reserved a spot at the Pinery, a provincial park down on Lake Huron. Our first trip, and only one yet booked, will be the last weekend in June, just before the Canada Day weekend, and right after the end of school. The Pinery supposedly has beautiful sand dunes, warm water, and great facilities. Its pitfall, is it is exceptionally well loved, and very busy. Our site is a 'premium' site with 'good' quality and privacy. The privacy in the provincial parks seems to be lacking, so this rating is important. We seem to be right behind the dunes. Very excited.
Seems to fill most of the outstanding gaps. I am so excited about summer and camping, that not much else matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment