February 13, 2010

Closing comment

The day is done. I wasn't planning on posting tonight, and this post certainly won't be the last, just done for today.

I went to check on the kidlets. For the second weekend in a row, Kate, Andrew and Declan have requested to sleep in their sleeping bags. The whole idea of camping has them excited. Last weekend, I wouldn't let them sleep in the basement as it was both too messy and well, just too far away. (I will always be a protective mother.) A quick clean of the basement earlier today, and a bit more comfort on my part that they wouldn't get too cold, has the three eldest sleeping in the basement.

I just checked on the babes in sleeping bags. Without fail, seeing my own children sleeping, at peace, and quiet makes me realize, all over again, day after day, without fail, how unbelievably blessed I am to have such miracles in my life. These children are lovely, they are beautiful, they are bright and (for the most part) make me indescribably happy each and every day.

I am lucky. I am blessed. I won't ever forget it.

No comments: