It is Tuesday night - and I am tired. When I arrived at work this morning, I ran into one of my co-workers (well, actually a now senior person in the firm - but we were once peers!), and simply said I was tired. His response, a father of two little ones similar in age to Deckles and Seanie, that he has vague memories of not being tired. I guess I walk the same path.
Deckles had a follow-up appointment with the dentist this morning (not that I was there). She once again emphasized that the four teeth are dead even though they remain white. She didn't notice any signs of abscess but mentioned that his four teeth are precariously loose. I will gander from Jim's conversation with the dentist that he could lose a tooth/teeth at any time. We are to keep gently brushing his teeth and looking for signs of abscess.
I have discovered the amazing capacity of the city library. I reserved a book last week 'Pillars of the Earth' as my branch didn't have a copy. I picked it up this weekend along with a children's picture book "Henry hikes to Fitchburg'. Andrew and I managed the children's book (I liked it, but Andrew preferred a different library book 'My Big Rig') Nevertheless, back to Pillars ... a well reviewed, Oprah Book Club book - it should be good. But goodness, it is 900+ pages of small print. I am not sure I have the capacity to read that much. The Chronicles of Narnia books (being read concurrently, but as the 'subway' books, which also are libary books) are so much more my pace, especially the big font with the colourful pictures! All the reviews of the Pillars suggest it is a 'can't put it down' type of book, but I am still overwhelmed by its sheer size.
Updates to follow.
4 comments:
I read Pillars a year ago -- always handy to get into a bestseller a couple decades after everyone else -- and thought it was fine, but not super-amazing. I could live without the sex scenes. I did read the sequel too, so it wasn't bad and did hook me in.
I had to laugh when I read this post. I just finished reading Pillars about 20 minutes ago! Not a word of a lie! I actually quite enjoyed it. And honestly, it may be a biggish book, but it's not a difficult read. Easier than the Narnia books you also mentioned, if I remember them correctly!
oi Ann I could not get into Pillars, everyone i know raves about the book but for me the story just kept going endlessly and i gave up about half way through
One of my friends in Book Club raves about this book. I might pick it up and read "with" you.
Post a Comment