January 19, 2009

Am I old???

I have been waking up for the past few weeks at least once a night with a very stiff lower back. Thankfully, pregnancy days taught me the best approach is the 'band aid' approach ... move as fast as you can to get out the position that is causing discomfort. The 'move slowly and gingerly approach' just delays the inevitable and prolongs the pain.

I had thought that perhaps we have yet another poorly manufactured bed that humps in the middle and collapses off the side (I am convinced it is not a flat bed and do believe it should be), but my dear dear husband this morning suggested that perhaps it is a sign I have been in bed too long. Considering I am lucky to get maybe 8 hours in my bed, I don't think I spend too much time in bed. However, it occurred to me earlier today, that isn't it old people who don't require as much sleep?

I am not old. I am not old. I am not old.

My brand new expensive bed is a lemon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not old 'cause if you are, then that means I am too. And I refuse to be old!

Anonymous said...

When we bought our brand new expensive bed it took a while to break in. Our salesman warned us about it so I gave it extra time. The first three months I woke up feeling extremely old and creaky. But after that it was perfect. If your mattress is a coil mattress, give it time...