July 20, 2008

These shoes are made for walking


I laid in bed Saturday morning thinking that it was now time - Seanie needs his first pair of shoes. We have had the little man barefoot so far this summer, after ditching the Robbies in the warm weather. It is best to keep them barefooted, or very flexible soles shoes for as long as possible. Well, Seanie, since I didn't want to walk on the wet gravel in the backyard, I decided Saturday morning, as I lounged in bed at a very tardy hour (it was past 8am), that you needed new shoes.

The temporary loss of one of Deckie's crocs (his only shoes) made the trip to the shoe store all happen. With brief instructions, I sent Jim and the two littlest ones on their way to the shoe store. Home came Seanie with a new pair of Tsukihoshi shoes (never heard of them before, we have always been Stride Rite people) and Deckles with a lighter blue version of the same size Crocs.

Seanie's shoes are simply adorable. He can really move with his new gear, especially in the backyard. Jim even bought adorable little ankle sport socks - and well, this little man is ready to motor about his little land.

We have experience a lot of my 'last' firsts over the past few months. The shoes are just one more firm signal that my little one is not so little, and I won't be walking the path of a little one ever again. Seanie is such a big boy in his new shoes (yes, I should have taken a picture of him with his shoes, instead of downloading the picture from the website) - sometimes it makes me sad that he is darn near a little toddler boy.

No comments: