See, I can't even keep up with the car seat rules in my own province. In Ontario, you only have to keep your infant rear facing until 20 lbs. It is encouraged the infant is kept rear facing until 1 year and at least 22 lbs., but that isn't the law.
The Province of British Columbia appears to have the most stringent rules - going into effect on July 1, 2008 - 20 lbs. AND 1 year. (They also have the most aggressive booster seat laws in Canada as well.) Hopefully, Ontario will see the light and follow along with similar rear facing rules - or perhaps enhance them.
I did check out two of my Marathons - 30lbs. and 32 inches on 1 seat, and 33lbs. and 37 inches on the other seat. How is that possible - bought in Canada, 2 years apart - and such different labelling. I have one more Marathon but since there is a racoon in the garage as of a few moments ago, I am not going to go check out the label.
I have decided to offer up unsolicited parenting advice to my fellow moms of little ones in Kathleen's kindie class. I am still a bit in shock about the whip feeling after our very minor accident. I can't imagine the effect on an infant. One mom appears to have taken it to heart (Her babe is still rear facing but she would (or will) switch once he reaches 20lbs. She is also rethinking her 40lb. 4 year old, very petite, in a booster as a result - sometimes unsolicited advice is taken to heart. Hopefully she will do a bit more research.)
Repairs - dad was almost right - $968 to fix the minivan. We are getting another quote since the guy who hit us asked, and was so nice about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment