Alright, I am a bit anxious. I go back to work on June 2, the reno isn't complete and is costing more by the minute, the nanny starts shortly, and the designer lady (whom I love) completely overwhelmed with fabric choices yesterday.
Actually, it was the fabric choices that finished me off. I am comfortable with kitchen cabinets, tiles, bath tubs, floor colours and even most paints (the front door still has me stumped). However, when Shirley dumped the big bag of beautiful fabrics on my kitchen table, I just about ran out the front door. I don't do fabrics. Thankfully, it is one of her favourite tasks. She must have seen the panic in my face as within minutes she had her drapery woman on the line and we have an appointment for next week. I am on the verge of phoning Shirley and just turning over the task of decorating the kitchen/family room herself - go wild, girl. She can add the fabric for the two front rooms to her To Do List, and I would be overjoyed.
So, how does my anxiety manifest. I left a fellow parker at the daycare parking garage a note on his windshield. I assume it is a he, I guess a woman could drive that car. This particular white car has been taking up 2 SPOTS in the parking garage at daycare and, more importantly, leaving his nose so far out into the common space (i.e. to prevent anyone from attempting to park in the 2nd spot) that it makes it impossible for me to reverse the minivan into the daycare designated spot. It infuriates me - not the two spots, but the nose way out into the path of anyone with a big car who needs to reverse into small spaces (you need a bit of space to swing the nose). It just isn't right that one car can affect the use of four or five other parking spaces. I don't normally leave notes on people's windshields - never done it before. It was tremendously gratifying. I think the thick pencil will give it away that it was done by a mother of children using the daycare spots - I don't care. I might be bold, but I am not wrong.
Drove Andrew to school this morning - white car was still taking up two spots, but his nose was way way back into the spot. I had no issue with the reverse into the tiny spot, in my big old minivan with a whole in the bumper! The day has started well.
2 comments:
AT my daughter's daycare there is parking maybe 20 feet from the door. Then there is a sidewalk leading up to the door. There are HUGE signs saying "no parking or stopping anytime." But every single day the men park there. Never, ever the women -- always the men. I don't get it. They can't walk to 20 feet to the door? And why always men.
I would love to do a renovation -- I have friends who live by the Mount Pleasant (that's the ig one downtown right?) cemetary and they took their old, beautiful house down to the studs -- and transformed it into a beautiful spot. Then they had triplets:)
I so wish I could come help you choose fabrics!!! That is my absolute favorite thing!
I hope your note does something to stop that inconsiderate driver!
Post a Comment