May 18, 2008

Have I said ...

I am going back to work in 14 days and moving in 39 days. Somehow, the picks for this reno need to be completed in 14 days and the contractor has to finish a lot of work.

This is my To Do List - I write my tasks on random pieces of paper but quickly lose them. These aren't in any order of importance - just most of them need to be done or at least communicated to the relevant party by Friday

  1. [Done] Figure out the new hall tile - somehow, the original tile picked out months and months ago, is no longer in stock. My fault - I should have bought it but I didn't. They are missing one size of the specific random tile. Another supplier may have a very similar product in four weeks which is likely too late. I am meeting my two tile people at different supplier on Tuesday morning.
  2. [Done] Pick the pickets and the handle for the new banister/handrail for the house. (Colonial we think- and #3 handrail!)
  3. [Done] Order the hood for the oven - please don't let that one be out of stock.
  4. Finalize the vanity and the laundry room cabinets - both, I think, are coming from IKEA. I may even buy one of these projects this week.
  5. [Done] Communicate the changes of my tiling project to the tile guy Joe with the great Italian last name. Remember the kiddos' bathtub face - not mill work, tile.
  6. [Done] Don't forget to tell Joe about the black granite hearth.
  7. [Done] Draw on the master bath wall the size of the revised niche so Matt can fix it.
  8. [Done] Order the new refrigerator and make sure Sears is delivering the new appliances (dishwasher, microwave and the bed) the day after we move.
  9. Meet up with the carpet dude on Tuesday morning at 9:15am to pick out the basement carpet as well as the stair runner.
  10. Call the designer to figure out fabrics for the windows - we need curtains for these windows.
  11. Finalize paint colours - master bedroom, basement, home office - I think those are the only colours remaining to be picked - how hard can that be.
  12. Talk to the contractor about the exterior of the house - do we put up the dental moulding across the 'soffit' line or leave it for later.
  13. Call the landscaping dude back - do we really do the window well now, or should we put that on hold as well - thus, only do the fence, the deck and the limestone 'grit' to cover up the construction mud. Oh, I will not remove the new sandbox for the kiddos from the quote - fill brim high with brick sand, and we do need a funky light-weight cover.
  14. Call up the bathroom supply place - need a laundry room sink (cheaper at Rona perhaps?) as well as review all other purchased items not yet delivered - in particular the toilets. I think we are also missing a powder room toilet and sink, a master bath shower head, a sink for the basement.
  15. [Done] Send the neighbours our note - get over it, it is grass!
  16. Closet organizers - contractor's supplier or California Closets through Costco, or heck, a mix of both!
  17. Talk to designer re front hall wainscoting - how far do we go on the main, as well as upstairs.
  18. Finally decide - paint the door or replace the door.
  19. Show dh the kitchen pendants at the local lighting store - if not quite right, we need to go shopping for lights for the kitchen. We probably need lights for the kiddos bedrooms. Need to think about exterior lights.
  20. Don't forget about a new mailbox and the door bell!
  21. Call the old gardeners and ask them to create containers for us - they are awesome container people - the flowers will be lovely.
  22. Go leather chair shopping for the family room.

This is certainly not it - and doesn't include any normal household chores, birthday party planning for the 22nd, organizing for my parents visit this week, think about what work clothes I need, declutter a closet or two for the future packing tasks, other pre-work related tasks ...

This really does help. I will feel so much better for writing it down.

2 comments:

Jen H. said...

I feel stressed for you!

We're coming to TO again next week, Mon and Tues. Email me if you think you're up for a get-together again. We could meet up somewhere easy, like Ikea, if that's preferable.

Undomestic said...

Wow, I'm stressed just reading your list. Good luck with all that!