June 24, 2007

Are they all yours?

We cannot go anywhere without someone asking whether all of the munchkins are our babies! The comments are all well meant and I actually get a big smile from all the variations of remarks ... you are a braver woman than me or are you nuts?

I did end up at the daycare bbq on Thursday alone (I thought it was Friday and so husband organized a golf lesson on the Thursday). The kiddos were AWESOME. Deckie is great as long as he remains tethered in the buggy (which he enjoys). Kathleen and Andrew must know they have to listen to me when I am alone (or else). They didn't even contemplate a bad step - they ate their hamburgers, fruit, picked out one dessert, not a complaint was heard - they were textbook perfect (they aren't always!). Baby Sean just went with the flow. We nursed in the baby room (and released Deckie - at least it is safe and contained in his own classroom.) The parents at daycare (whom already think we are a bit of a spectacle) were baffled by our presence and always make comments at how well behaved the kiddos are and calm we are. I even think I look half decent - fitting almost all my clothes and weighing less than I did when I got preggo with either Deckie or Andrew (but not Sean - I was a light-weight back in September!).

Here is a recent picture of the Deckie boy - he has a fascination with the water hose! We must go through 2 or 3 outfits a day when we get the water toys involved.



Husband risking it all - Deckie's control of the hose is limited!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Ann -- Jenn from Parenting without a License. I can't seem to find your email address. I am computer stupid sometimes. Then I come here and I see you basically just gave birth. Congrats!

So is the place in Calgary A Cushy Life? My hairdresser is next door and I have never been.

My email is barberjenn@yahoo.com.

But I understand that you're, you know, a little busy right now.

Jen H. said...

Cute shots of Declan with the hose. What IS it with boys and hoses? I can give Andrew the hose on low in the backyard and it keeps him happy for well over an hour. Add the head with all the different settings, and he's in heaven. So simple.

Glad to hear you're all doing well. I think we need to see more pics of Sean!

cg said...

Oh I love the picture of Dh and Declan! Did you colour co-ord them or did it just happen..totally liek father like son image. And Decki is starting to look a lot like Andrew did!