June 29, 2007

A focus on contests

I decided last week one of my goals of my maternity leave (alright, this is a frivilous goal) was to enter as many contests as I could. I don't seem to have time to find contests, let alone enter them during my 'other' life so why not try it while I have a lot more time.

Thus far, I have entered contests to win:

  • new Whirlpool washer & dryer (5 times)
  • a week long vacation at a luxury resort in the Caribean
  • a new Mac computer
  • some sort of sport kit
  • a new French Door refridgerator
  • misc. prize package through a paint company
  • a designer make-over


  • I am still waiting for a contest for a $25,000 mortgage payment to pop up on the respective provider's site (still has its Mac computer promotion).

    Last summer I did win a contest - a $100 gift certificate through the National Post for Indigo/Chapters. It is fun to win. We shall see if these entries yield any prizes or simply a lot of spam email or junk mail!

    3 comments:

    Jen H. said...

    A few months ago I entered a contest to win a minivan loaded with a ton of toys, through Treehouse TV I think. I guess I didn't win. But I should enter more too!

    Jana said...

    Ha! This makes me laugh! Go to Oprah.com, I think she has one going on. Good luck!

    Anonymous said...

    I'm intrigued by the comment "a lot more time". Are the older trio in daycare at the moment? I seem to have less time now that I'm home than I did when I was at work. And I admit to feeling a bit worried about handling two kiddos come the end of November!