June 19, 2007

Almost one week in

Sean is now 6 days old and we are all adjusting to life as a family of six. So far, I would say this one has been the easiest. I do attribute a lot of the ease of transition to natural childbirth, a commitment to sleep, coming home immediately to home life and well, having a bit of experience under my belt!

The midwife Janet returned on Saturday for her second visit. Sean was only down to 7lbs. 8oz. so is holding his weight quite well. Deckie lost almost a pound after birth so I was really worried about too much weight loss. Janet should return sometime this morning so we shall see if he has continued to gain weight (or maybe even surpassed his birth weight!)

I did take the gang to Starbucks and Tim Horton's on Sunday. Kathleen and Andrew were great at staying near the buggy despite the attraction of the caterpillars being smushed on the road. Deckie just bounced away in the front seat of the buggy. I think he must be happy to have graduated to the big boy seat in the front. Sean seems so small in the big seat of the buggy but was content to lie under his sunshield. I did overhear my first 'she has four!' comment as I walked by with Kathleen and Andrew on foot, Deckie babbling away in the front and the baby squeaking under the shield. I am sure they would have even been more floored to know he was only four days old at that point!

A few pictures

Minutes old


All gooped up


At five days (need to work on my newborn photography skills!)

5 comments:

Jen H. said...

Oh Ann, he's gorgeous! I can see the family resemblance despite the very dark hair. I think his name suits him somehow.

I love how joyous you look in the first shot - woman, you are meant to have babies!

mi said...

Ann,
I'm so glad your transition has gone so well. Your littlest man is absolutlely beautiful. What a sweet little face. How are your "big" kids enjoying the baby?

Anonymous said...

He is really, really a gorgeous baby! And, if you can get a pic of a newborn with his eyes open, then I'd say your newborn photo skills are doing very well!

Undomestic said...

He is adorable! Congratulations!

Amy said...

I was going to say the same thing, GORGEOUS. Wow. Get him into modeling! Congrats on the new addition!!