Update ... we are excited to be welcoming a little boy in June. [Hmmm, many many pro golfers, Mike Weir for one, are born on Father's Day ... makes for a wonderful US Open for the golfers. I wonder if!] Kathleen was devasted but has been since convinced that remaining the little princess (aka queen???) of the house isn't such a bad sentence! I can't even imagine our grocery bills in 10 years!
I cannot believe I hit 18 weeks this past weekend. Might be a bit unusual, but I am crossing my fingers the time slows down a bit. I am enjoying the night sleeping at the moment (even if it is still interupted too many times each week, by someone!) Either way, the big ultrasound is tomorrow. And, we plan to find out the gender of this little sucker. The ultrasound tech, at the 12 week, thought the baby looked boy so we have been running with that idea for the past 6 weeks. I am perfectly happy with the prospect of another boy - three boys in a row, one princess, and the last two 'boys' only 17 months apart. Logistically, it works out beautifully.
However, I get these little pangs of pink envy every now and again - the little dresses, the pink, the girlie face. Who can't love a little girl? Kathleen is also very very keen on a little sister. Her claim is that it wouldn't be fair if we had another little boy - three baby brothers. (I see her point, that could be a bit overwhelming especially as a teenager!) It would also be easier because we are very comfortable with our name selection of 'Baby Caroline.' I love that name. We had that one picked early on for Declan (and had to wait until one week before to come up with the Deckle-buster name!)
I am really only concerned with a healthy little one (and only ONE!) but I know I will be somewhat disappointed with the gender, either gender. I have so much fun with my little girl and my little boys that to choose one seems a bit sad.
4 comments:
I understand your dilemma. You expressed yourself really well when you said "I know I will be somewhat disappointed with the gender, either gender." Regardless, good luck with the ultrasound!
Oh, and Caroline is a lovely name. Perfect choice if it turns out to be another little princess in there!
Hey, another boy!! Very exciting news! Good luck with the name. We'll have great difficulty coming up with another boy's name if that's what happens (which I'm betting on) - I can't imagine having to name THREE!
Wow, another boy! Kathleen will be fine. Having grown up with just brothers myself (2 not 3), I must say being the only girl in the family has its advantages. I occasionally wondered what it would be like to have a sister, but I wouldn't exchange my brothers for the world.
Post a Comment