January 30, 2007

Are all one year olds this annoying?

I must have selective memory as Declan's current age is simply driving me mad and I don't remember having the same frustrations with either of the other pair. Thankfully, his sleep has been wonderful which help make his waking hours more manageable. I don't think we make it through a five minute period without a disappearing act up the stairs, a dumped water cat bowl, a tumble through the table railings, a plate pulled from the table, a climb into the dishwasher while I am loading it or a face first dive down the short back steps. It is endless - the bumps (loved that plagio helmet, sorry we graduated) to his noggin are numerous. It doesn't help that all of our children have acquired my propensity to bruise and to welt bright red when even simply nicked by a passing a corner.

He did take a few steps this week so maybe the obsession to climb will soon disappear as his interest in walking takes charge.

2 comments:

mi said...

We've got a little monkey too. Once I get those boys tucked in for the night we breathe a sigh of relief.

wahine808 said...

another monkey child here as well! Sometimes I resort to stacking all the chairs on top of the table to keep them off - yes them, because now Kawena thinks it's good sport too, ugh.