Kathleen received a new matching game for Christmas from brother and his wife called 'I Never Forget a Face.' The game has received great accolades from those who rank toys and I haven't been disappointed. It is a relatively simple game of matching children's faces from different nationalities - China, Vietnam, Israel, United States, Afghanistan, Iraq - and a few countries I have heard of but can barely pronounce (Myanmar, for one).
We played the game together this past weekend - and I was beaten squarely. I am impressed by her ability to remember the location of cards. I can remember general location but cannot always remember the exact space - she nailed three pairs in a row. Her memory in other areas also makes me wonder. She remembers specific events (i.e. her first peanut butter & jam sandwich made for her by my aunt at my cousins house in June - she always brings it up as a discussion point when lunch planning isn't going her way) and stories or movie plots with incredible precision. It gives me hope she will love reading and school - one less thing for a parent to fret during the next several years!
Well done Kathleen!
2 comments:
Kathleen sounds like a really neat little person. I'm sure this has already occurred to you, but the stories you record on your blog will be wonderful for her to read one day. Everything from her decision to change her name, to wanting to know what the best and worst animal is, to being a bit of a grouch in the morning until she's had her sippy cup!
Hey Kath
That is exactly why I started this blog - I have a journal from pre-Andrew but wasn't good at updating it - somehow I am more compelled to write on my blog. I want to read these stories in 5 or 10 years (or many beyond that) and laugh at how much fun we had - even if many think we are odd to have such a large brood!
Post a Comment