December 22, 2006

Push for only one in diaps?

Potty training terrifies me - well, actually potty training doesn't terrify me, accidents at inconvenient times terrify me. I am rarely that organized to have all the ducks in a row when we go out on an errand to either quickly run to the bathroom at the time of need (you don't move fast with three young kiddos, in winter wear) nor do I pack extra clothes to deal with an accident. So, I left Kathleen's training to daycare (trained in less than a week just before her third birthday and has had very very few accidents) and had thought to leave Andrew's training to daycare as well. However, daycare doesn't aggressively train children during the winter months because of snow gear and cold weather (you always have to go as soon as you step out into the cold weather). I don't at all disagree with their philosophy. I am thinking Andrew and I are ready to train.

Do I go for it over the holidays?

I would be inclined to just stop doing diapers from the moment he gets up until nap time and nighttime. He is ready - he has done the toilet thing a few times for me and has been sitting on the potty and wearing big-boy-pants at school for several months over the diap.

Now that would be an awesome Christmas present!

1 comment:

cg said...

Did you decide to potty train? We are kind of training and must say we are having far more success with the pooh than the urine! I cannot even imagine training with snow suits on, and the cleanup must be so much harder. Around here if he is not totally nekkid, which is 90% of the time, it is only shorts and underpants to wash or take of in a hurry!