December 13, 2009

Somewhat misguided

We have FIVE televisions in this house. I always thought that count was a bit high. I don't even really watch television, or at least any evening television (was going to say adult television, but that may be misinterpreted). I wouldn't even say we watch a lot of television as a family. I bet we rarely have more than one television in use at a time, save for weekend sports in the family room and a kid's show on the basement television. We don't watch movies. We just own five televisions, two in the family room - a big screen television and a small screen which the sound guy thought would be neat (it is rarely used), one in the office which was turned on for the first time in 18 months last week, and one in our bedroom which is primarily used to watch kids shows during the bath routine.

Nevertheless, this evening we were watching two programs simultaneously in the family room - the big screen and the small screen would be a logical choice. However, somehow, I don't think anything in this family is very logical. We had a Santa Clause movie - Tim Allen and Martin Short - on the large screen, and Deckie and Seanie fighting (literally) over the portable car DVD player, which is a tiny screen. I started accumulating the DVD player and gadgets for the drive next week to Boston - and brought out the DVD player (along with many movies which have been missing since we last used the machine, three or four months ago). I guess all new gadgets, or long forgotten gadgets, have some attraction.

Hearing more fighting and Jim mentioning that something was broker (I need that machine!) so better wander up to check out the scene.

No comments: