Just a bit delinquent.
A few months ago, I had decided I would beat last years blog count. It was somewhere in the vicinity of 150 odd posts. In May, it seemed that if I did 15 odd post a month, and participated in the November every day fest (which just about sapped every blogging energy I had), I might just make the count. Well, I am almost 100 blogs off my total of last year - and just won't get there.
Nevertheless, I might as well just try a bit harder.
I came home from work tonight at a relatively decent hour. I leafed through the Friday night kidlet school bags and discovered that the Kindergarteners were invited to a Pizza lunch. Pizza lunches, I guess, are a decent fundraiser for schools. A decent margin on the pies, and parents get out of making lunch for the day - everyone wins. To involve the littlest ones who only attend for half days seemed like an awesome idea.
Then I kept reading. Keep in mind, today is October 2nd. The form is due back by October 14th. The pizza lunch is on June 29th. I just about fell off my chair - you send home an invite for a pizza lunch that is eight and half months away. How could it possibly be THAT DIFFICULT to organize a pizza lunch such that it takes almost nine months to plan. My wedding (which we celebrated nine years yesterday) took a heck of a lot less planning.
Well, at least it made me laugh!
1 comment:
That is bizarre. Do you suppose it was a typo, and that they just forgot to change the month on that part of the form??
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment