I spent the better part of the morning trying to figure out how to balance my 't-accounts' if the accounts were multi-currency. How fun is that? Well, perhaps not fun but it consumed my morning - no stop for coffee, no pee break, and just a few calls.
Finally gave up, just after lunch (and a call or two) and asked my husband. You can't balance t-accounts across multiple currency - it would just all balance if you brought them all back to one currency. Despite being an accountant, I have never really gotten t-accounts. [To be honest, it involved a lot more than just cross-currency stuff - I had stock positions, depository boxes, client accounts, foreign exhange trading accounts, the profit t-accounts ... the excel spreadsheet went on forever. Why balance just money, when you can balance stock too?]
Can't say that was my entire morning - I of course have one team member out with a cracked shoulder (not sure what happened there) and then learned, when asked for the lysol can in my office, that another had puked in the computer room after a heavy night of (company) drinking.
All in days work.
2 comments:
I think I could have been an accountant in another life, although you're not selling it all that well here :)
I've been reading endless articles about accountancy standards and codes of conduct and it's duller than dull. Today I moved on to another project where I get to read about gas prices. Somehow, that's much better.
But I'd love to play with spreadsheets :)
You're all speaking Greek to me! Anyone up for talk about paint colours?? :)
Post a Comment