It is so late and I should be in bed - tomorrow will be painful. I did have stuff to do on the computer and am now simply wasting time.
- today was a tough day - this hour change just about finished us off. Deckie decided that sleeping wasn't a great idea last night so Jim was up with him at midnight and I rested on his bean bag at 1am for a few hours. Kathleen & Andrew decided against napping which made dinner hour just a tad irrationale. The hour change certainly hasn't helped - I guess this really was the longest day!
- we leave on vacation this week - so excited, but so much packing. Our flight is at 7am on Wednesday. We will need to be up so early. My sister suggested the kiddos go to bed in their clothes - seems wrong but would save a few minutes in the morn.
- I can quote paint names from the Benjamin Moore paint deck. I am in utter shock - those who really know me would find it incredible that I know paint names (and have an opinion). Thanks to Jen for helping out with more suggestions.
- The reno is going well - neighbours still aren't pleased with us. To one side, while their notes in the mailbox are a bit over the top, I really can't blame them. I certainly can't answer why the cement truck had to drive over their lawn, three odd feet from our driveway - TWICE - leaving a huge rutt (yes, we will repair it). I can't say I understand why the other neighbour thought it was OK to put a hose in our backyard to create a huge puddle. Isn't the big hole enough of a mud puddle???? Alas, the architect is right - big fences do make great neighbours!
Otherwise, maybe I should go to bed. It is only 5 1/2 hours to rise n'shine - and that is only if Deckie follows the rule that nighttime is for sleeping!
4 comments:
Your house is beautiful, but your neighbors suck! I hope you get some uninterrupted sleep. Have a wonderful vacation!!
Oh, hange in there! Enjoy your vacation...to where?
Wish I could have weighed in on the paint colors but it has been so long since I have used BM paint colors. I used them in Houston but we couldn't get them here until just recently. In fact I need to get over there and get myself a paint deck!
Have fun with Mickey!
Hope you ended up getting some sleep on Monday night. I'm sorry that your renovations seem to have brought out the worst in your neighbours. Keep in mind that you're doing your best, but you simply can't please everyone! Have a lovely holiday and come back well rested. Looking forward to seeing some pics!
Post a Comment