Not quite sure why I feel compelled to write this post but it has been on my mind for a very long time. I am a blog reader and have visited some internet board while expecting new babes. Over the past several months, I have read stories of parents who have lost their little ones at few days of age or a few weeks. I have found it so devastating. I thought in this wonderful modern world that dying babies wasn't a reality, that those statistics of so many babies do die in Canada/US was something that didn't really occur. It does happen - and I think of those parents, in particular the moms, often.
To the little ones ...
Liam Kellen in Colorado - March 2007
Lauren Alivia - April 2007
Logan Elyse - May 2007
Liam Stewart in Nova Scotia - June 2007
Cadence Sienna - September 2007
I don't know any of these people personally - just random clicks on blogs. One little guy, Liam Kellen, shares my last name. It made it so much more real to me that losing a baby, a healthy baby, full term beautiful baby, is a possibility.
Thinking of these babies today, and every day.
God bless you little ones.
2 comments:
Add another to the list. A girl on my Ryan board just lost her beautiful full term baby girl who was stillborn. Everything was fine and then in an instant she was gone. They think it was a severe placental abruption. So, so sad. Saying a prayer for her and all of the grieving mamas out there. :(
Every now and then I go to an online search engine and type in my second daughter's name and see what I can find. It helps me in the grief over losing her in some way. Thank you so much for this post and including my daughter Logan Elyse. I don't know where you saw the story of her birth and death (though I was on several online forums for expecting moms) but it means so very much to me that someone, somewhere has heard of her and acknowledged her short life.
Post a Comment