January 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Declan



Happy birthday dear boy. I am utterly amazed you have reached the grand age of four. I was looking through pictures today for the perfect blog expose and looked at so many of you as a little guy, an incredibly cute little guy. It is hard to imagine you as anything but four years old, but not sure how you got to this age.

Always wonder how you describe your kids, what they are. So here goes.

HAPPY - you are always keen to try new things, go on an adventure. Your love of your little school program 3 days a week is delightful. You simply glow when you show off your work.

EARLY RISER - pretty much guaranteed you will be the first dude out of bed. You slowly creep down the stairs. Once you make it around the corner, you make a dead run for my lap. I always get great hugs and kisses in the morning.

MOST LIKELY GET A BOO BOO - looking through the pictures over the past several months, I couldn't help but look at the April post- the-chair falling over backwards pictures. Your poor little face, and poor little teeth took such a terrible terrible blow.

RESILIENT - despite your boo boo tendencies, I sometimes think you bounce right up again. Rarely do you stay down for long. Always back up and running.

CARING - we can count on you to take care of your baby brother when he is truly upset (you just torment if he isn't upset). You make tremendously kind offers to him to help deflect whatever event has just occurred. The empathy will serve you well.

ADVENTURESOME - what other 4 year old requests their birthday meal to be Dim Sum.

Happy birthday buddy.

Always, with love.

1 comment:

cg said...

Happy happy birthday Declan!