Today was the day - the early morning rise, the scurry to the computer and the crossing of fingers I might actually access the City of Toronto's registration for fall and winter activities. I was on the computer by 7:02am (too late to get the first round after it opened at 7am) and alternated dialling the automated registration line and hitting refresh on my browser. By 7:38am, I was logged onto the internet registration.
Still amazed - I got all of my first choices, namely because I wasn't registering for weekend swimming for most of the kidlets and we don't do city skating. (The registration for the figure skating club was dropped off earlier this week at the rink down the street.)
I am equally amazed I found suitable programs for three of the four little ones at one location, all within a one hour span.
Saturday mornings - Andrew has kinder karate, Kate has indoor soccer and Declan is going to kinder drama (not his preferred choice but the only program available for three year olds). Those programs start at 9 or 9:15 am at one of the local schools, and all are finished by 10am. I have designated Jim for that drop-off - limited parent involvement but a fair bit of dropping off and picking up during that hour. That program will be repeated in January, except Declan makes the four year old cut-off by a day so will jumped into karate with Andrew (definitely his preferred choice).
Seanie and I will trip off to the grocery store during that time, package it all up in the car and then go to mom & babe (or dad & babe if we want to switch it up) at one of the local pools at 10am. All of us should be home for some fun before 11am.
We covered off a few weekday activities as well - Andrew & Declan will be off to swimming on Tuesday mornings, a short stroll and a short time after Kate gets on the school bus down the street. The great thing about living in the city, and in my neighbourhood, we can walk to so many activities (swimming and skating is in the same complex at the end of the street).
The big news, and I finally made a decision, Declan will also be going to a city preschool program once a week in the 'greater' neighbourhood (about a 10 minute drive away). He is desperate for friends and play dates so I am hoping he will meet some new buds at preschool. He talks the talk that he wants to go to school, not sure he wants to walk the walk.
Of course, all this is on top of Andrew and Kate continuing at tennis for the next six weeks before the blustery weather sets in.
The cost of all that - somewhat staggering, probably close to $2,000. It doesn't hurt so much when you pay it in different batches. Yikes, kids are expensive!
1 comment:
Wow. I can just picture parents all over Toronto furiously trying to log in to book activities! What a crazy system! It sounds like your kids have a lot of fun in store for them. We feel overwhelmed just by 2 kids playing baseball. I can't imagine the schedule you just set up.
Post a Comment